Thursday, October 25, 2012

Moodiness in Pregnancy

Sometimes people ask me if I've been really moody during my pregnancy.
Sometimes they launch into crazy stories about what their girlfriend/wife/sister did.
(a lot of the time it's guys asking)

The answer is I haven't really been in the way you'd think. Not in the crazy get outta her way kinda deal.
My tear ducts have been more active lately though. For example, the other day I was telling Clint how proud I am of us for managing our money so well and saving and being frugal...and I teared up. A few days ago at school I was telling my friend how sad I was that I wasn't going to be able to see my niece and my nephew in their Halloween costumes (they moved to California last year after Christmas)....and I teared up. Basically if I feel really strongly about something lately, it makes tears well up in my eyes. They're usually gone as quickly as they come... but sometimes it can be embarrassing because I must care a lot about a lot of things.

Sometimes I have my moments. You know the moments where the sound of your husband's chewing drives you bananas and the stench of the stranger's breath next to you make you bonkers?
 You know the part in What to Expect when You're Expecting where she says something like, Gare Bear, I love you so much but if you don't leave me alone I'm going to punch you in the face.
Clint says I've been really good, but if you asked him in private it's possible he would give you a different answer, haha! I would also like to point out the fact that I need to own that movie.

I've been more high maintenance. Part of that probably comes from feeling so lowsy, but I like to hear an extra lot that my husband loves me. I need more help than I used to. Some cupboards are hard to get into. I ask Clint to do more favors....get me water...bring me my computer....put away things for me....that kind of stuff, but it's still not very often.

But the way I have definitely been "moody" is I am super protective of this girl already. Today someone almost crashed into me and I almost put my car in park, climbed into her unrolled window, and took her drivers license out of her wallet because she definitely didn't deserve it. A little fender bender 30 weeks pregnant can be all kinds of awful.
I have lots of driving stories like that. Is it just me or do all the crazies dominate the road?!

There was a creepy security guard at work who said he was looking forward to holding her when I bring her back into visit. I almost used some choice words complete with a 3-snap zig zag. You know the kind. He's really creepy you guys. 

Tonight at work someone came INTO the building smoking. The whole place (even the parking lot) is supposed to be SMOKE FREE. Plus, it doesn't take even half a brain to know you should never go into a building smoking. Had I a fish, I might have slapped her with it. And then jumped over the counter and stomped out her cigarette for dramatic effect while telling her exactly what she was doing to my baby.

People on the train are also crazy. People are always hitting people with bags, pushing, shoving, etc. Sometimes I want to wear a shirt with flashing lights that says "watch the belly." Also, I would carry around a fish should the case call for drastic measures.

Basically, I just want to protect my sweet girl. She's so pure and perfect I want to preserve it for as long as possible. I've worked so hard to get her here and I can't wait to meet her.

uh, this post was totally all over the place. If you didn't understand anything from above, to sum it up: I love my daughter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm not even pregnant and the What to expect when your'e expecting movie was hilarious.

luvdoctorlibbie said...

Are you ever so happy about something that you cry? Like a really good sandwich?

Mikelle Jade said...

You just keep protecting that little girl! and as for the tears, it gets worse trust me! I thought I was bad while pregnant-- but I cry like 5 times more often now! It's silly, really!

Becca said...

I love the way you write! Cracks me up! Slapping with fish, 3 snap zig zag, :)

Custom Sheds Fresno said...

Appreeciate you blogging this