New Year’s resolutions are tough. I have a million things I want to do like Be more organized, be a better wife, work harder in school, love more deeply…but really…how do you quantify that? I have those kinds of things in mind, but this year I decided to take a new stab at this whole resolution business. I’ve decided on 12 projects that I want to do. One every month! I will check back with you every month and update you on my progress. Some are big goals. Some might only take an hour. I’m ready to get this ball rollin!
12 “projects” in 12 months
1) Run a race- 10K or since I have such a high affinity for shin splints and just hate running, a 5K
2) Visit my sister in California with the Clintster- miss her already
3) Go camping with our new stove!- thanks mom and dad!
4) Sew stockings for next Christmas- I hunted for these for so long this year and the few I found that were mediocre [at best], came with a hefty price tag. This year we just used socks with the idea that I’d sew some for next year. Did I mention I can’t sew?
5) Finish wedding scrap book- when we got engaged I wrote down our whole story in a scrapbook with the intentions of finishing it with every detail of the wedding. Still haven’t gotten around to that part!
6) Get a job in the nutrition field- for reals. It’s time. I’m qualified.
7) Paint on Canvas- I’ve always wanted to!
8) Make a wreath for our front door- I have a million ideas I just need to DO one!
9) Get/paint/make/repurpose an entertainment center- right now we’re using a notpleasingontheeyes table that was from my parent’s house. It also has no storage. Obviously. It’s a table. We NEED all the storage we can get.
10) Write 100 pages in a journal- I’ve gotten into a bad habit of not writing in my journal. I like the idea of setting a page minimum. I want quality writing. I want to remember. [sidenote- yesterday I was going through some things and found my journal from when I was a kid. I wrote that I loved my mom more than anything- even going to heaven. Almost even more than Christmas. WOAH. Hold the phone. ]
11) Choreograph a dance- even if it’s for nothing but for fun creativity! I miss it!
12) Lose weight- I always said I would never gain the married weight. BUT, I was wrong. Then again, some was for sure from all this holiday feasting. I can’t set a goal number, because I don’t own a scale. But I want to work for it until I feel like my clothes fit better.
And since no New Year's Resolutions are complete without at least some ambiguous goals....
Focus focus focus. In my senior year of school and applying for internships, I’m going to need a lot of this.
Along those same lines…
Raise GPA! It’s really important that I push hard on this last stretch of school and do well! I’m nervous but really excited as well. I can’t believe that next year this time I could be in my lifelong career!
Remember that everyone is a child of God. This is simple. Very simple. I forget a lot of the time. Like when someone cuts me off or is rude or insults me. But I know when I remember that everyone else is just a child of God, it’s easier for me to be patient and to love them.
Work hard, save money. Move into a bigger place. I know we haven’t been in our place for long, and most of the time I love it…but some of the time I also hate it. You know. Things like how the hot water never lasts an entire shower or how people screaming at each other in the parking lot keep me up at night. Or possibly that our dryer takes at least 2 hour long cycles to actually dry clothes. Life is hard, people!
Eat healthier. I don't eat much, but I still want to cut more processed foods out and eat better, more nutrient dense meals. Today I started with a smoothie for a late breakfast- oatmeal, banana, blackberries, and yogurt and then Avocado and cottage cheese for lunch! I also packed homemade hummus and carrots for a snack. It feels so good to eat healthy!
What are your goals? Do you have any tips for me?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
pst. sorry the video didn't work for some of you! I'll try to post it again later. Apparently a 4 minute HD video has some major issues fitting into blogger!