but forgiving myself, isn't one of them.
A few nights ago Clint told me I was an angel.
Naturally, this made me launch into explaining to him every bad thing I've ever done in my life.
I'm convinved I remember every punishment and time out I've ever gotten.
Here's some highlights:
1) My parents asked me to brush my teeth and I really didn't want to. So I went into the bathroom, grabbed a hairbrush, and ran it across my teeth. Then I told them I "brushed" my teeth. [maybe I can get a point for being clever?]
Sidenote: remember how I went to the dentist recently? Well, I didn't take care of my teeth when I was young and now I'm paying for it. I have cavities. It could have partly been from all the meds and the stress of being a few days before our wedding, but after the dentist I cried to Clint about what a bad kid I was and how much I regret not brushing my teeth more. In case you are wondering, I brush my teeth constantly now.
2) In 1st grade I cheated on a spelling test. The word: crayon. My crayon box was on my desk. I mispelled it "Crayola." Lesson learned.
3) I used to peel off these sticky things on the crayon jar my mom made and put them on my nails. My mom asked where I got them. I told her "from a friend" and rationalized that my mom was my friend, so I wasn't really lying.
4) In 4th grade during "silence time" the kid sitting next to me made fun of me for making my person's face red while coloring. I said "it's pink." I got in trouble, and had to flip my card. I sat on a bench during recess because I was so sad. I was sure my life was over.
5) In 2nd grade I got in trouble for talking during story time. I spent the rest of story time crying under a desk hoping no one would find me. I still remember feeling so bad that I was rude to my teacher.
6) While eating jell-o at the dinner table, I said it looked like blood. My mom said if I keep talking like that I'll get sent to my room. [I have three rugged older brothers. she was tired of her food being equated to blood and guts i'm sure.]
And there you have it! You can all go tell Clint now that I'm no angel. Can you believe that after telling him all that he still didn't believe me? That's because he's a nice boy.
Want to know what I really want to be a part of?
Anyone know how I can make my dream come true?
Also, help me decide on a shower curtain:
psst...I'm way leaning towards the first, but I don't know if my husband will go for it ;) The 2nd one is a little boring dontcha think?
That is all :)