My old friend Jamie is back!
Okay so it's not new news, but it was to me! I just saw his first episode on Saturday!
Don't know what I'm talking about?
This is his website. He is a chef/nutritionist from Englad who has come to start a food revolution in America! His last season began with the unhealthiest city in America! See for yourselves!
You can see some of the things he did. Amazing. 1/2 of adulte obese?! One thing I love about him is that he's not all into the crazy health nut stuff. He really thinks food should taste good, and be good for you.
This season he is in LA. The big head hanchos aren't letting him into the schools. BOO! He showed how disgusting the food is that the kids are being served. It's my opinion, and based with some research, that unhealthy food (high fat, high sugar) has an addictive quality. You eat it, you want it more. You don't eat it, you don't miss it. I know that's how it works for me personally. Except I do love me an occasional pizza...or burger...or cookies. That's beside the point. I feel like we're teaching kids to get into unhealthy habits. They don't have the same choices and knowledge adults have. Did you know early elementary aged kids are starting to get kidney stones and plaque in their veins? Ask them if they know/care that their cheeseburger is doing that to them.
I know you're interested right? You can go to http://www.hulu.com/ to watch Mr. Oliver in action. It's called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Personally, I think what he's doing is incredible. I wish all people would watch the show and try to learn healthy habits.
Did you guys know I'm a nutrition major? I'm thinking of posting some of my healthy recipes on here for ya'll to try. Raise your hand if you want some!
In other news, me and the mister had us a great weekend.
(1) marinated grilled chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli for dinner Saturday night.
(2) talapia with squeezed lime, brown rice, and mixed veggies for lunch Friday.
(3) the chocolate cheesecake from cheesecake factory we split Saturday night. We had a gift card, even better.
[does it make me a food junkie if my top 3 highlights are food related?]
(4) Victoria's secret semi-annual sale. 1/3 the price? Other stuff for 1/3 the price? Bridal shower gift cards? Nuff said.
(5) MONOPOLY! We played it Friday and now we're obsessed. Seriously, the next thing on my mind after food is when we can play next. Clint trashed me, and I don't even care. We even debated missing a friend's reception that night so we could play another game. I wonder if he'll play with me after work...
(6) coupon cutting. I'm also obsessed with coupons. I get really excited for the Sunday paper to roll along to find out what awesome things we're going to save on this week. I got it for $1 a week Sunday and Wednesday. It's easily saved us $40 in the 2 weeks we've been getting it. I even have them alphabetized. I'm not ashamed.
It was so good to have my hubby home. I kinda like him.