Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Future of the World's Cutest Baby

 Dear Ainsley...
 Before you were born I dreamed what you would be like and the person you would become. I still do that, of course, but time has a way of sorting through what's important.
 Your daddy and I have talked about what we would do if you didn't choose to go to college or you wanted to get married at 18 or other things we didn't feel would be optimal for you.

Every once in awhile I wonder if I'm doing all the "right things" to help you grow the best that you can and be the smartest you can.

I have a lot of dreams for you.

I want you to travel and make lots of friends and learn another language and play an instrument.

There's a lot I would like you to accomplish and experience in life.

But the more I think about all those important things that I want you to do, the more I realize how they're not important at all.

Ainsley, above anything else, I want two things for you.

First, I hope you learn to be kind. I hope you treat everyone you meet with love and compassion. I hope you spend your time helping your fellow sons and daughters of God. I hope you're the sweet child who will play with the lonely little girl.

Second, I hope you learn to love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and always put them first. I hope that in your busy life, you make time. I hope you stand up for what you believe in when it's tough.

I hope I can teach you well to make the life I want for your possible. I'm doing my best to provide a good example, although you're far closer to perfect than me. There's so much I want to teach you, but I can't imagine I'll teach you as much as you've already taught me.

No matter what, I will always love you more than you can imagine. You're a part of me. I'll always be your biggest fan sweet Ainsley Cakes. I'm so excited for every single one of your birthdays where we get to celebrate you!
Sincerely, yo momma 
a.k.a. where you can bring tha drama

p.s. do you SEE that raised eyebrow in the first picture. Kill me dead! 

4 comments:

karajean said...

Such a sweet post! And those last two pictures? Perfect.

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

She si so so gorgeous. And this is an incredibly sweet post. Love it, love Ainsley, love you. The end.

Clint said...

Wow you are a good mom! Im so glad I chose YOU because of who you are and because you made me such a cute baby! ;)

Megan said...

Ainsley is the CUTEST!!! I will steal her. and this letter is so sweet and beautiful! you have a wonderful way with words.

and Clint's comment above???? kill me. you guys are the best!