Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tolerance

The problem with writing heartfelt, thought out posts is that you actually need the time to think them out and the energy to...feel them out?
Basically I'm running on empty.
That's another story for probably never. 
But seriously. 
The eloquence percentage in this post is basically destined to be zero.
Moving on.

The other day I had a thought that I don't want to forget. 

Marriage is great. It's a relationship completely different than any other. Because of this, it teaches you so much and gives you opportunities to grow that other relationships don't allow you. 

I realized that one of the ways my love for my husband grows deepest is when I acknowledge a flaw but choose not to dwell on it and love and accept him anyway. Love grows exponentially when we exercise patience.
 It works in the opposite way too. I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect. When I can tell that Clint sees a flaw of mine and chooses tolerance and love over criticism, my love for him grows so much more.

The truth is, us humans are pretty imperfect. 

It's so important to have the freedom to be yourself without the fear of being harshly judged.

If you can work towards that in marriage, I'd say you're in pretty good shape.
[Also, I say work because it requires a lot of it!]

I love my husband!



5 comments:

Lydia said...

Amen. I feel I have no place to criticize my husband for character flaws whenI have so many myself. I cannot hold him to a higher standard than I hold for myself.

megan danielle said...

i just love so much when people match. and you people match.

Erin said...

I've been feeling the same about writing lately. I can't write ANYTHING, cause I haven't had the time or energy to think the important things through.

Denise said...

You're so cute! You and your hubby are such an awesome couple. BTW you kind of look like my sister in law :)

Unknown said...

completely agree.
I feel like you can always tell how someone's marriage is based on how they talk about their spouse.
Are they saying things like
"Oh my husband drives me crazy! He always ______."
or things like
"Oh my husband is so funny. He's so particular about how he wants _______ to be done."

one is tolerant and accepting/loving and the other? not so much.