Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catch up day!

Hey friends! 
I'm home sick today busy feeling like I got hit by a truck and left for dead. 

There are a few things that I've learned from being sick though. 
(1) In regards to wiping the steady flow of nasal drippage, my husband's sweater is softer than the crappy toilet paper they keep in the bathrooms of my university and the two can be swapped. No one likes a raw nose. Desperate times call for desperate measures. 
(2) I went to bed with a fever of 102 last night which apparently equates to me being delusional. I had dreams about my husband turning into a black man and singing broadway to me and that it made me really excited because I've always wanted black babies. 
(3) You can tell your husband loves you when you wake up to a perfectly cleaned kitchen. 

So I figured since I'm blogging from home and that's such a rare occurrence, I'll take the opportunity to do a catch up day while I actually have my photo library :)

Christmas with Clint's family! 
 BABY PARKER!!!! Isn't he so cute! He definitely got his mom's gorgeous eyes. I'm sad that I've only seen him a handful of times because they live in Kentucky.
 Presents! We all totally got spoiled.
 Just hangin out.
 We had a great 2nd Christmas with them!

__________________________________________
 We had Alyssa and Trevor over for dinner a few weeks ago! Wasn't she so cute pregnant? As soon as I get the pictures uploaded I'll show you how cute her little boys are. Maybe I should take the opportunity of being tied to the couch to do that! :)

 I also gave in and finally went to sprinkles! We got a coupon for BOGO from facebook. But, uh, seriously. You can all hate me if you want but I still say $3.00 for a cupcake is just ridiculous. And to be totally honestly, it was good but I wasn't totally impressed. Maybe I'm just not a huge sweets person. HOWEVER, i was way impressed with the place! It was super cute. Checkitt!
 They have cute mixes you can buy!
 They give it to you in the cutest little box with wooden forks. So cute! :)
 We also went painting with Jessica and Sirel, some of our best friends and neighbors at as you wish! Isn't my owl the bomb?
 Jessica is the cutest!
 I married and enigineer
 oh hey, no I don't know why my hair looks like I just rolled out of bed. BUT I just say all of our pieces turned out exceptionally well!
 We also went on a double date! We set up our friends Nicki and Adam and went to Dave and Busters! :)
 We're awkward and obviously a lot of fun
 professionals.

This is about 1/10th...but I guess I'll never fully catch up. But that's cool. Maybe I'm not so much of a "what we did blogger" as a "random tangent what's going on in my head blogger".
I think I'm okay with that. 
I hope you guys all have a wonderful weekend and may all your temperatures stay at 98.6
Blessins 

Also, I hope this makes sense. I did check it but it's hard to concentrate when you feel like ice picks are going into your temples and your limbs weigh 200lbs each. 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! There must be something going around cuz I was like that yesterday/today! Good grief! And yes I agree that Sprinkles is ridiculously priced so we like to only go there like once a year hahahaha ;)

Megan said...

Awww, I hope you feel better! I agree...I can't enjoy expensive cupcakes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cupcakes. Just not expensive ones. Haha!

Unknown said...

boo on being sick, but i love this post. i love pictures though sooo maybe i'm biased.
feel better soon!

Chelsea said...

Hey. I love you. Just so you know.

I am sorry that you are a sickie. But, I'ma be real wit chu: husband sweaters are way better than even puff's extra soft. No shame, girl. Own dat sweater.

Also. Your familiy makes beautiful chillins'.

Also, also. I want to go to Arizona and paint ceramic owls with you. While eating an over priced cupcake.

Courtney B said...

$3 cupcakes?? RIP OFF!
SO sorry you're sick! I hope you are feeling all better now?
And we are adopting a black baby someday! Seriously.

Nikki & Drew said...

i totally agree with you about sprinkles. not that good at all! I'd totally take cupcakes from a betty crocker box.

Shay said...

Well considering its the 5th I REALLY hope you are feeling better by now. And I hope you washed your hubbys sweater before you let him wear it because that is something I would overlook...;-)

Sprinkles is SO OVERRATED, I agree! Love the photos!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Hope you are feeling better!! Love your photos!! Thanks for visiting our blog! We are following you via GFC!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Lauren Gardner said...

evveryone is sick! including myself. What the heck? Dont you love having the hubby take care of ya though? Hope you are feeling better! I tagged you in a post. Check it out when you can. http://gavinandlauren.blogspot.com/2012/03/why-not.html

Dara McFarlane said...

oh my! i literally lol'd when you said your husband turned into a black man. suhrsly. and i've always wanted a black baby. i was even a little bitter Levi's white...

aaannnddd, i'm sorry your limbs feel like they weigh 200 pounds.. i say you count typing as your exercise for the day then. :)

Dara McFarlane said...

oh my! i literally lol'd when you said your husband turned into a black man. suhrsly. and i've always wanted a black baby. i was even a little bitter Levi's white...

aaannnddd, i'm sorry your limbs feel like they weigh 200 pounds.. i say you count typing as your exercise for the day then. :)