Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sharing favorite things

When I find something I like I get really excited about it and I want to tell everyone!
I feel that way about some recipes I've found lately.
Get those recipe books ready ladies, it's time to make some additions!

Let's start with dinner last night.
Here's what my instagram looked like of it:


Recipes found via my pinterest here and here
(if you've never used pinterest, you just click on the picture and it'll take you to the website. Also, sign your butt up right now)
Also, I add my modifications into the comments box.
I know this is kinda a funny looking picture, but it was dang delicious!
Instead of using thighs I cut chicken breasts into strips which are leaner. Also, eat with a salad and you have a meal swimming in lots of healthy veggies and protein. Sidenote, beans and rice together make a complete protein. Amino acid party in yo body! [it's a good thing, just trust me]

Not satisfied yet?
How about some delicious rigatoni?
Recipe via my pinterest here. This is a little bit of a naughtier meal. I made both the marinara and alfredo sauce from scratch which upped the nutrition a bit. We also had it with veggies instead of chicken. The alfredo sauce I use a somewhat healthier recipe found from eating well's site found here. I've only made this once but it was so yummy! Basically, you can do this without the recipe! Just use part marinara sauce, part alfredo and add some red pepper flakes!

How about one more?

The recipe for the thai noodles is here. Surprisingly a super easy recipe. I baked some seasoned chicken to go along with this as well as broccoli. Instead of sesame oil we used avocado oil and the flavor was still awesome! We both LOVED this meal. Very highly reccomend it! :)

Did you guys like this? I have lots more I can share if you do! And I can get more organized too which pictures and whatnot! :)

Do you have some favorite recipes for me? Bonus points if they're healthy BUT...being tasty is always crucial! I don't eat cardboard. Gracias amigos!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have been wanting those Thai noodles since I saw them on your Facebook. They look amazing.

I made something amazing last week. Spicy Spaghetti Squash with black beans and ground turkey. I think I actually re-pinned it from you, but added ground turkey. You have to try it if you already haven't.

I love all things food related. And all things Alexis related.

Kylie said...

I love mixing tomato sauce and alfredo, but I've never made my own alfredo sauce. For valentine's day I made a yummy "cream" sauce for our past dish, and it turned out good. Those look delicious. Right now, I'm craving some roasted vegetables....like asparagus or zucchini. Mmmm.

Megan said...

YUM! These look delish, especially the last one! I will have to try them out!

L said...

yum!! Loving your food finds. Just found your blog, very happy to have seen how cute it is =)
Much Love,
L

(allglorious-within.blogspot.com)