Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm a big girl now!

Part of the thing that stinks so much about being a grown up is making the big choices. I think the hardest choices are choosing between two REALLY good things. When you choose between two bad things, who cares. You're screwed either way. When you choose between a good and a bad thing, that's obvious. But most of the time when you choose one good thing over another, you forfeit the other good thing. You picking up what I'm throwing down?

Second reason being a grown up is so hard: forgive and forget? Wheres the balance there. I think there's some, maybe most things, we're not supposed to forget. We're supposed to learn from it. But we always need to forgive right? How do we move forward when someone does something really awful to us? No, I don't mean they spread a rumor and ruined your life. I mean the BIG stuff. Do we forgive and move on in our relationship with them as if nothing happened? But what would we have learned? Are we setting ourself up for failure? I believe in forgiving in all circumstances. As far as forgetting, I'm not so sure about that.

Photography by Andrea Wanlass

No comments: