Okay, these are SO good! We have a really great cheese steak joint in our area, and I like these even better! It's all the flavor, without all the grease! I paired these with a side of baked sweet potato fries.
1.5-2 pounds steak, thinly sliced
1Tablespoons Montreal seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bell pepper, sliced
1 jalapeno, minced (seeds removed)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8-10 slices your choice of cheese (provolone or pepper jack recommended)
1 loaf French or Dutch crunch bread
Olive or avocado oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Use about one teaspoon oil to lightly grease large pan, heated over medium-high heat. Add garlic and steak, sprinkle Montreal seasoning, top with bell peppers, jalapeno, and onions, and cover. Don’t stir for 3-5 minutes.
2. Uncover, stir, trying to keep steak at the bottom of the pan, and cover again, waiting about five minutes before stirring. Repeat until steak it cooked through.
3. Add vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, stir well to coat, and allow to cook for about 5-10 minutes until the bell peppers are tender and most of the liquid has cooked out.
4. Slice off curved ends of bread loaf, then cut in half "hot dog style", allowing the back to remain connected. Layer 4-5 slices of cheese along the bottom, top with steak mixture, and then top with remaining slices of cheese.
5. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Slice into individual sandwiches, and chow down!
Avocado (SO GOOD)
Bacon (because, always)
You can also use sandwich rolls if you prefer. In that case, shorten cooking time to 5-8 minutes. Even with the jalapeno, the recipe is mild. DON'T OMIT THE JALAPENO. Seriously, it adds the best flavor. I also reheated leftover the next day in the over at 350 for about ten minutes. Enjoy!