Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Whole30 Week Two

I'm on day SIXTEEN of whole30! Over halfway there. 
Isn't that exciting?

I have mixed feelings about whole30 right now. 
I feel like I have a much healthier relationship with food.
The other day I had a CRAZY day. One where, in the past, I would have rewarded myself with some chocolate and maybe even a dr. pepper. At the end of the day, I realized I hadn't even THOUGHT about that. That's huge. During my pregnancy I picked up some unhealthy habits that have taken awhile to break. I developed a sweet tooth, but through whole30 I've nearly conquered it. That is a huge side effect. I have a healthier relationship with food and cravings don't rule my actions. That feels really good.

I feel like I've become a better person. Cheesy to say, but true. This "diet" has given me an opportunity to develop self-control on a whole new level. I've had more focus. I've tackled organizing projects I've put off for awhile. 

Now for the negative. 

I have a really hard time feeling full. If I do get full, I'm hungry an hour later. I'm really struggling with how to eat enough. Even though my increased focus makes me more productive, it doesn't last as long because my muscles feel so fatigued. I feel like I need more food. I also get headaches. I don't know what to do. I feel like I need more food. I've contemplated adding in 1/2 cup of brown rice a day to see if that makes a difference. On the other hand, I really want to do this right. I'm conflicted.

Any other Whole30-ers out there can give me some advice?

Overall, I feel this has been a good experience and I certainly don't regret it! I'm just hoping the insane energy and happiness that people experience comes to me soon! 

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm nervous....My husband and I start tomorrow!

from head 2 toe said...

I don't want to suggest anything because you are a nutritionist! I will feel like a total loser if it comes off wrong! ha ha But, I am a big fan of protein. Like, I wouldn't ever think to add in rice, but just a little more chicken.

I also feel a lot more full if I drink 1-2 glasses of water before my meal. I also try to drink between 10-14 glasses a day as well to curb my appetite.

The Deans said...

Are you getting enough fat? I'm on day 20 and I've not felt deprived at all (and I was a big eater). I eat at least one avocado a day and make sure that I cook with plenty of coconut or avocado oil (my foods not drowning in it, but I use about Tbsp to sautée or roast veggies, etc.). This is just my personal experience. Good luck with the rest of your whole30!