Friday, February 7, 2014

When are you going to have another baby?

 It looks like ONE is the magical age when people start asking you when you're going to have another baby. It doesn't bother me when people ask, but I'm not ready yet. 
The first six months of Ainsley's life I was positive she would be my only child. Even in my pregnancy I would cry to Clint that I was NEVER going to do this again. 
Well, Ainsley came along. She is so much fun. I am head over heels in love with her. Seriously. I cannot rave enough about that girl.

Let me be clear that I really really really don't think there's anything wrong with having your kids close together. Seriously, more power to you! BUT, I don't think we should feel pressured to meet a certain timeline of when it's right to have more babies. 

I think we often fall into the trap of thinking when this or that happens, then I will be happy. 
I see this happen a lot with kids. Once my kids are in school...or once I have another baby or....whatever. 

Right now I'm focusing on learning to be happy now.
And I really am happy with where my life is at right now. I'm not rushing onto the next stage of life hoping it will be better than what I'm in right now.

The other day while I was playing with Ainsley I got the feeling someone was missing. I know there are other babies who will eventually join our family, and I am REALLY excited for when that comes...but for now, I'm just enjoying my days with my girl. We are best buddies. 

Love my little Ainsers.

7 comments:

Kara Renee said...

Ah! I love that last picture. What a beautiful family!

karajean said...

Yes! One is the magical age when the questions start coming! Glad you are feeling happy :)

Amber and Lincoln said...

My niece who's 3 has already been on my case about having another one. She asks every time I see her. I'm like geez child let me enjoy my 2 month old :)

Leah said...

My grandma keeps buying "big brother" stuff for my boy, and I'm just so meh about it. I know hell have siblings eventually, but I feel the same way you do... I'm not ready to rush into that next stage.

katilda said...

I love this! I'm trying more and more to learn to love the "now" in life and not worry about predetermined timelines and rushing to the next step. Preach!

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh... I haven't had that feeling yet! But I think the moment I have that feeling that we are missing someone, is the moment I know it will be time. So I'm totally okay that I haven't felt that yet because I am LOVING where we are right now! It actually scares the crap out of me to think of changing it up!! Plus I've never been one who has wanted my kids super close together.

Megan said...

Ainsley is the cutest!! And I know I have said this but... Ignore the questions. People don't know and it doesn't matter what the think. When you're ready you'll know :)