Sunday, January 30, 2011

PEMCP

Forget my dear aunt Sally, this acronym is way more important.
Please Excuse My Crappy Pictures.
Today I wore this:

And did my hair like this:
Seriously though, this camera is horrible. First, it makes me look awful, and second, it doesn't pick up on detail well. Bet you wouldn't have guessed this shirt has a big black bow on the left side right? thought so.

Stats:
Shirt: Gap, gift
Skirt: ebay, psychic black sheep, $10 even
Tights: Aeropostale, $5 sale
Shoes: Kohls, $.799 clearance
Real Pearl Necklace, gift

I love the red and black color combination. Predictable? Yes. Awesome? Yes. 
When I saw this vintage skirt on ebay, I knew it was meant to be. It was exactly one inch larger than my curvy and very uncommon measurements. 27 waist, 39 hips. I know, child bearing will be a sinch for me, right? For my hair I french braided the front section, estimated where the large braid would begin, and tied it off with a clear rubber band and led it into the larger braid. Super easy and way awesome if your hair isn't exactly cough clean.

My church meeting today was incredible. President Crow, the PRESIDENT of Arizona State University came to our church meeting today. He even spoke for a few minutes. I go to a university ward, where it's packed full of young students. The Spirit I felt there was incredible. There aren't many places you can go to listen to a early 20 year old young man speak to an audience of open hearts about how he wouldn't trade this religion in his life for absolutely anything else. I don't know of another place where you can hear a 27 year old beautiful woman talk about the history of abuse in her life and how it led her even closer to Christ. I love that in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we are taught by each other, and not paid clergy. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world today, and I'm positive that I am. 
I believe in Christ.

psst. go here!

8 comments:

ali v. said...

how beautiful do you look--even with the "crappy" pictures! I love that color combination...so chic and timeless! happy that your church meeting went well! enjoy the rest of your day! xoxo {av}

Shay said...

This post is so sweet, I felt the spirit so much at church today that I blogged about it,too! Must be one of those days:-)

Cute outfit!

Ramsey said...

Your hair is seriously so gorgeous every day! And I love the classic vintage appeal of this outfit!

Savannah said...

I wish I had that skirt. Love the color combo you can never go wrong with it! :)

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

lovvvvve the red skirt girrrl!

Collin&Tatum said...

AHHH! I know where I know you from! I have been RACKING my brain but I finally put two and two together! (Am I so lame?) ASU! Duhh.

Ok, happy Monday! :]

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

your hair looks great, that skirt is amazing. I want it. Next I agree 101% love our church love the gospel.

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

oh my goodness your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! thanks for telling me about it. you're a babe!